For quite some time I've wanted to drive west on Hwy 520. The last time I chose an alternate route due to an incoming blizzard, so I was happy to make it through this time. And the bonu was that it was snow-free and I found neat old buildings to poke my head into. At last my camera's getting some use that it deserves again.
Some of this sky I actually find looks too blue in the photos, but that's what it looked like. The colours were intense, from the light on the grass (hey, straw, or whatever all it is), reflections off the clouds, and even some warmth in the roads.
This next photo is perhaps my favourite from the day. When I was in architecture school people would talk about the prairie giants - the grain elevators - and how they are disappearing. In a couple of years we'd be lucky to see any. That was ten years ago, so each time I see one now I feel the need to stop and take a photo. Maybe they are like glaciers, slowly disappearing...






No comments:
Post a Comment