Hmm, a glass of wine on a clear starry night up at the pass. Complete quiet, solitude ... bliss!
Approach to Abbot Pass
Lake Oesa from the pass
Now imagine the meteors with that...
I booked my spot last night, only to come across the image above now. I really don't do well with confined spaces like that and this will have 24 people on two rows of beds. Maybe the blessing in disguise is the fact that this is one of the two best nights for the meteor shower and I'll be spending a good portion of the night outdoors. I guess now I'll need a second camera battery in order to be able to pull off long night exposures and still have pictures left for lake O'Hara the next day.
Really looking forward to finally making it to this hut, even if I already dreamt that a fierce storm ripped through while I was there, and which ripped off the roof. I figure if it's still standing after nearly 90 years, surely it'll make it through the next month.











3 comments:
I remember shortly after meeting you, you said you wanted to stay at Abbot Pass Hut. That was the first time I ever heard of that place. After all this time, the time is right and it's going to happen. I look forward to seeing your night time photos from up at Abbot Pass Hut!
Andra
The stones up there are also quite unique. Our last time up was a few years back and the out house door had blown off, but that meant for great views when using it! It was early in the year so we had the hut to ourselves as we were on Mt Victoria for our climb. Seeing the night sky as you've planned, will be a very special experience... I hope to capture such a scene upon a little cobblestone one day...
DSD
It does seem like a very magical place indeed. I can just imagine the wind howling and a storm coming in. Just you and the elements - raw nature! Can't wait! I'll also be sure to take up a special stone.
Post a Comment