Sunday, February 5, 2012

Moving from Cross Country to Light Touring

Less than two months ago I took my first XC ski lesson and have been hooked ever since. I love being able to move faster than on snowshoes and having more areas to choose from. A ski buddy and I upped our skinny skis by renting a light touring set for Lake O'Hara and got pulled into the next level: light touring. So, today, after days of debating, I finally decided to just take the plunge. After all, the closest thing to a new year's resolution was telling myself to keep trying new things and getting out there.  This is my set for that next step:

(Cheaper at Lifesport than at MEC ... sorry MEC)









Friends tell me that alpine touring will be next, and indeed the Wapta Traverse is (very) high on my to do list, but I don't think I'll get into that much gear. I'm also not keen on venturing into class 2 or 3 terrain.  But, nonetheless, we're definitely eyeing intro to mountaineering now.

1 comment:

DSD said...

'Trying new things, getting out there, take the next step'... We ponder things the same many times B. Great resolution!
DSD

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park