Tuesday, October 11, 2011

iWant

I've finally been hit by the desire of owning a phone that does more than simply make phone calls.  With all the hype over the last month or two I was expecting an iPhone 5 to come out, but iPhone 4s is it.  So, I became curious and started looking into what it actually does and what it costs.  All I need to do now is cancel some (or all) of my TV (as I hardly ever watch anyway), and then cancel my current cell phone and I get the luxury of this: phone, 8mp camera, GPS, internet, unlimited national calling, and fun apps.  Point the thing at a mountain and it'll tell you what it is.  Get elevation profiles, trail guides, topos, basically anything your heart desires.  Speak to it and it'll cater to you.  Maybe it'll become my servant (isn't that what Siri's supposed to be)?  My theory is that if I can check in from out there, I'll be happier staying out there for longer... because, admittedly, sometimes I do head back because I need to check e-mail, etc.  Now I just have to wait and see how difficulty it'll actually be to get my hands on one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park